Wednesday, July 1, 2009

How Entirely Magical

A thought perked to the surface this morning as I passed my reflection in the mirror while reaching for a Q-Tip.

How completely fascinating it would be to see my own father at 25 going about his typical morning’s routine.

What I would give to watch him shave his young face, take a second look at his young muscles, pour some long forgotten brand of cereal into a bowl.

Then the thought of my own unborn children’s intrigue at just this morning, watching this young man clean his ears.

How entirely magical to see him putting on deodorant, and yes, dad was already drinking coffee back then.

Suddenly my rushed and vacant morning was surrounded by the most precious eyes, and I flexed my biceps while watching myself apply some ancient, green-labeled deodorant in the mirror.

October 2008
Alviso, CA

1 comment:

  1. Sam,
    You absolutely amaze me with your words. You know your Dad is walking with you every step of the way.
    Love you bunches.....

    ReplyDelete